LUYA as an organisation
1. Legal form
- LUYA as a product and as an organisation is not owned by any company or private person.
- Decisions not covered by Long-term intention and objectives will be taken democratically among the members entitled to vote.
2. Long-term intentions and objectives
- LUYA is not a one-click installation product like WordPress and others.
- Configuration data is stored in versioned files (not in the database).
- We adhere to the DRY ("Don't repeat yourself") concept.
- System code belongs into the vendor directory.
3. Code of conduct
- We are always benevolent, no matter what question.
- No one will be embarrassed, no one knows it all.
- We are good role models. No swearwords. No discrimination.
- Communication is in English.
4. Requirements for becoming a member
- Intention for a long-term contribution
- Must have commits
- Pull requests must be of high quality
Current LUYA Organisation members with the respective role:
|Role||Description||Planning/Strategy||Reaction** within 48h||Voting||Commit Access/PR|
|Project Lead||Core member, including planning and strategy tasks||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Core Member||Can commit and merge pull requests, must react within 48 hours to pull requests, mentions, assignments||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maintainer||Can comment, assign and set labels but can not write into the repos.||No||No||Yes||No|
|Contributor||Allows to invite members to the team without long-term obligations but still with a sense of being part of the project.||No||No||No||No|
|Extension Manager||Has commit access to specific extensions and has to react as far as these are concerned||No||Yes*||Yes||Yes*|
* Only for the given extensions.
** Mentions, comments, pull requests, assignements, issues, reviews
7. Rights and possibilities of members
- Voting required
- Issue/pull request must have the label “requires decision” assigned.
- All members with allowed voting role (Project Lead, Core Member, Maintainer, Extension Manager) have 7 days time to vote after a issue/pull request was created with “requires decision” label.
- Long-term intentions and objectives may not be changed, see Long-term intention and objectives.
- No voting required
- Use of the technology.
- Profound changes to the administration interface. General UI changes.